Robin Rosendale, MA, LMHC, is a licensed psychotherapist with Jungian analytic training. In addition to his private practice in the West Village, Robin is on the clinical staff at Callen-Lorde Community Health Center, where he provides individual and group psychotherapy to members of the LGBTQ community. His therapeutic approach integrates Jungian depth psychology with contemplative awareness practices.
Prior to his training at the Jungian Psychoanalytic Association, Robin received a Master’s degree in Contemplative Psychotherapy at Naropa University, undergoing in-depth study of Buddhist psychological principals and western clinical psychology. A long-time meditation practioner and student of Theravadan and Tibetan Buddhism, Robin uses the practice of mindful-awareness as the foundation for exploring the dialogue between consciousness and unconscious process. Robin has extensive experience working with adolescents and young adults, families, groups, as well as with people identifying as lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgendered and queer/questioning.
His expertise in psychotherapy includes:
- Facilitating the alleviation and transformation of depression and anxiety.
- Uncovering habitual patterns of mind and behavior that obscure psychological wellness.
- Helping young people navigate the confusion and chaos of young adulthood.
- The exploration and translation of dreams.
- LGBT issues around shame/homophobia, gender identity, transitioning, and HIV&AIDS.